About UsProverbs 27:17
Christian Business Partners was founded by Pastor Doug Wilson in 2008. Pastor Doug as we like to call him, was a bi-vocational Pastor in Redlands CA. The mortgage crisis hit Southern California especially hard and, like many, Pastor Doug found himself crying out to God for provision.
In his obedience to God, Pastor Doug started Christian Business Partners in April of 2008 at his church in Redlands, CA. Business owners gathered each week to hear God’s Word, Pray and refer business to each other. The ministry grew quickly and today CBP has migrated to other states.
All of our chapters meet weekly on the same day and time. Those times do vary from chapter to chapter but our locations always stay the same. Please visit the chapter profile that you wish to visit for specific meeting details.
All chapters follow the same meeting format:
- We open in Worship
- We offer a time for introduction and business commercials
- We offer a time for referrals, thank you’s and testimony
- We offer a teaching or training for business or regarding our faith
- We pray for all attendees individually
- We share the Gospel
Visitors are welcome to attend and participate in all our meetings. Belonging to a church or even following Jesus is not a requirement to attend our meetings, only for membership. We love visitors and would love to have you.
Most businesses are allowed to join CBP. There are however, some businesses that are not representative of, or may in fact be a snare to the Christian lifestyle as taught in the Scripture and modeled by the life of Jesus. Although there may be some disagreement in regards to what is and what is not considered a business that honors God, CBP reserves the right to decide which businesses are allowed to join.
If you have questions about your business and if it would be approved, contact us.
Allowable Churches / Denominations
Not all churches that claim to be Christian will automatically qualify. If you are not sure if your church qualifies, simply look up your church’s statement of faith and compare it to our Statement of Faith. Still confused? Contact us and ask.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you charge dues or fees?
- CBP does not charge fees or dues. We rely on the financial contributions of our members and our faith in God. We take an offering at each Chapter Meeting. This offering is intended for our members and regular attendees. We ask our members that have been blessed by our ministry to be a blessing in return.
Am I required to attend every meeting?
- We do ask that you attend each week if you are able. Like in life, you must be present to win. There is no requirement to attend but members who attend our meetings on a regular basis build strong relationships and as a result receive and give more business referrals.
I am not a Christian. Can I still attend a CBP Meeting?
- Yes, we do not require that you are a Christian to attend our meetings. We do require that our members are in fact followers of Jesus but we welcome anyone and everyone who wants to attend our meetings to do so.
I don’t have a business yet? Can I still come?
- Yes, come and meet other men and women business owners. God uses these relationships in powerful ways.